"God speaks to us ... "

God speaks to us of His love. He tells us that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

-------------------

Job 38:39- 40:14

"I am unworthy - how can I reply to you? I put my hand over my mouth...I have no answer...I will say no more" (40:3-5). God speaks to us about our sin: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." He tells us that "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags." Why does God speak to us like this? He speaks "so that every mouth may be silenced" (Romans 3:23, 19; Isaiah 64:6). We must stop talking about our own righteousness and start listening to what God is saying to us. He speaks to us of "His love." He tells us that, "while we were sinners, Christ died for us." This is Good News - "the blood of Jesus, God's Son, cleanses us from all sin." No more excuses - "I'm not such a bad person. I'm really quite good!" Let's "confess our sins" and receive God's forgiveness (Romans 5:8; 1 John 1:7-10).

No comments: