Salvation - The Healing Of Our Whole Life (5)

John 4:43-5:24 (Related reading - Psalm 51:1-19).
The prayer of the Psalmist, in Psalm 51, may help you to come to know the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ. Here, we see the Psalmist, confessing his sin to the Lord: "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee, Thee only, have I sinned, and done that which is evil in Thy sight" (Psalm 51:3-4). We hear the Psalmist, crying to God for salvation: "Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not They Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit" (Psalm 51:9-12). We also learn of the Psalmist's prayer that he might be a witness for the Lord: "Then I will teach transgressors Thy ways, and sinners will return to Thee ... my tongue will sing aloud of Thy deliverance. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Thy praise" (Psalm 51:13-15).

No comments: