‘The Blood Of Jesus Christ, God's Son, Cleanses Us From All Sin.’

2 Kings 5:1-27
How are we to receive God’s blessing? Are we to ‘do some great thing’? Are we to prove ourselves worthy of His blessing? No! The Word of God gives this simple instruction: ‘Wash and be clean’(13). Salvation is not something to be paid for or earned. It’s ‘the free gift of God in Jesus Christ our Lord’(Romans 6: 23). We don’t come to God, saying, ‘Look at me. Look at how good I am. Look at my religion. Look at my morality. You’ve got to bless me. I deserve it’. We come to Him, believing His Word- ‘the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin’- confessing our sins and trusting in His promise of forgiveness- ‘If we confess our sins, He forgives them and cleanses us from everything we’ve done wrong’(1 John 1:7,9). Forget about ‘doing some great thing’. Obey the command that really matters: ‘Wash and be clean’. 
_________________
Blessings in Christ
Christ in all the Scriptures

No comments: